Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dyed with jelly

This is a bit of 10ply merino with some nylon that I got "from" my brother and sil (who gave me a spotlight voucher). I dyed it with a panadol dropper, three types of jelly (berryblue, mango and blackberry) vinegar and a microwave.
.






Socks for me! Almost finished them last night, sitting in the theatre waiting for "Eclipse" to start, but the lights dimmed. At least I entertained the nice old bloke near me for ten minutes.
.
As to the vest, I'm thinking Picovoli. Not sure what color. For all that stash, I don't seem to have enough of any one yarn. LOL. Might have to go stripey :D


4 comments:

Sinéad said...

Great socks! Dyed with jelly? Mad. The colours are great!

Tara said...

Very nice! I'm so impressed how you've taken to actually making your own yarn (even if it's only to give it some colour). What'd you think of Eclipse? :)

Karin said...

Pretty socks. Interesting that you dyed them with jelly.

Lynne said...

Very pretty dye job. Well done.

Locations of visitors to this page