It's a new month, and time to start new things! But first, some finished stuff.
After taking two weeks to do the last handspun, I tried a quick version, and spun up this one as fast as I could
I also did a speed-game for Quidditch; there were a few patterns to choose from, and you had to knit or crochet one of them, using at least 150 yards. I used up a 167y skein, and made this twisted rib cowl. It's very warm and cozy... far too warm for this time of year!
Then, at the end of the month, I decided to do more quick things, so the dye pots came out.
This one is a dark green version of the GlowSticks one I'm knitting socks with now. This one is heading overseas, though, in a swap. To be honest, it wasn't as quick of a project as I'd planned; it took all evening! lol.
Speaking of the socks, here's where I am on the NEWT
62 rounds past the toe (where the toe increases stopped), and this is the one with a Sweet Tomato Heel. It's a kind of short-row heel made of three shallow wedges, and a neat trick to close the holes. It made weird wedges with the short stripes, and I had to chop the yarn a few times to get the colors right on the front. But they both match. So two pairs have heels, and the rest are simply getting longer.
I don't think I'll do a NEWT next term. I think I'll do as I did last year, and take April off, and then do another OWL. April is for cables, and darning. I have a lot of darning to do! :)
13 hours ago