Some lovely Wollmeise from Aussie destashers on Ravelry:
Wollmeise Sockenwoll 80/20 in Versuchskaninchen (Forest Green)
Wollmeise 100% merino Superwash in Skandal um Rosi (From a song)
Wollmeise merino Superwash in Ebenholz.
And from Jimmy Beans, a little bit of Madeline Tosh, an actual boxful :)
Vintage in Opaline, Luster and Morning Dove, Pashmina in Thyme, Vintage in Nutmeg.
And a whole jumper-worth of Vintage in Corsage: 7 skeins.
I don't buy much pink yarn, that's for sure, but I like this greyed-down, close to purplish shade.
School Report: It's the 29th, and I have 44 more hours of official time to knit. But all I have to do is 1 and a half ears on Elijah, and he is done. Then I have done 6 classes, the 2 Quidditch options, detention and almost a third of my OWL. I'm up to date!
My chosen mission this year is to do The Order of the Serpent Third Class. I have completed Detention and 6 of the 11 different classes. Next month I need to do Ancient Runes, Arithmancy and Transfiguration, as it's the only month those three are offered, which leaves Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts for November. I've done some Quidditch (The First Task and the first part of the Yule Ball), but I'll try and continue on with it, since I'm on the team as a beater, and have to set a good example. (And those Hufflepuffs are beating us, which is just not on.) I have to finish my OWL, and I have to finish my Order Mission (which I can't start until Oct 1).
A girl has to have matching shoes, right? I've replaced the ribbon with a better silver, and I'm planning to make her some silver silk Tiny Shoes...Knitting for girls is fun!
I also joined in the toilet roll cover madness that started here. ... Slytherins are a juvenile bunch ;) but we are coordinated. We all agreed to hand in our Astronomy projects on the planet Uranus on the 25th. Mine was a bit late, but it didn't actually matter.
This week has been a good post week for me. Not only did I splurge on a boxful of Madelinetosh, but I bought 4 skeins of Wollmeise from people on Ravelry. Two are at the post office still, but when I get them tomorrow, I'll put up some pictures.
Well, it took me about 3 weeks to knit (though I wasn't exactly monogamous), but it's time well-spent if Babyniece can get 3 years out of it. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would fit Jasmine for another year, because it wasn't tight. That ribbing in the top is veeeery stretchy.
So far in September, I've done about 5000 stitches of 1x1 ribbing for my babyniece's little dress, and used up about 150g of yarn on my jumper. I have 10 rows of ribbing left before I start the skirt part, and I've done one repeat of the jumper cable.
I'm partnering up with Hufflepuff 7th-year Mediaperuana for the Yule Ball (we're making booties), and I'm in a trio with Victrix and Lunathecat making creatures for the Care of Magical Creatures class. I've got two other classes planned, and I'll probably get sucked into Quidditch (I'm a Beater).
The only problem is, I'm not sure I'll ever finish this ribbing!!
And here's another problem. Mediaperuana had this queued....
I'll admit, I haven't been expecting sunny Spring weather, although we've had strangely nice weather lately. The first two days were awful, because I couldn't wash all the little clothes faster than my mudlets could unwash them! But when the mud dried up and they were outside playing all day, I got a little knitting in.
This is basically all I did for August.
And I had to resist the temptation to kitchener the toe until September 1 (at 5pm) so that I could claim 10 points for detention. They are Charades, knit top-down (for a change) in worsted weight yarn and 3.75mm needles. I'm wearing them now (at MacDonalds again, using the wifi) and they're very warm. But I'm going back to toeup...
I also entertained myself with a little dyeing, because I had a Babyniece project in mind that required skintoned yarn. I skeined up the leftover ball of madelinetosh sport (the good stuff for my little niece) and put 30g of coffee grounds in some boiling water.
Soaked the yarn in some dishwashing liquid (to make it soak in quicker) and citric acid (to make the color stick better; like vinegar but smells better!) for about 20 minutes.
Then kept it hot but not boiling in a pot on the stove (and yes, I strained out the coffee grounds through some cloth first! Was glad I thought of it in time...)
Turned a good color. The little white bit is the original color. Since this I overdyed it in a very pale red, because it was a little too yellow.
(Esther, don't read my blog for a while or look me up on Ravelry if you want Surprises next year, ok...)
It's going to be a small Poppy. Since it's 5ply instead of 8, it should come out smaller than Jasmine's one, and I'm going to make babyniece's Poppy with a matching Bloom. I asked my sister-in-law if there were any Ravelry patterns she liked, and she sent me a list, including Bloom, which I'd wanted to make in the past but hadn't gotten around to. I thought, "I'll work out how to shrink it, to make Babyniece and Poppy matching dresses", so I was pretty pleased to find that, after buying the pattern, it included a free pattern for a matching doll dress! lol.
Anyway, the real reason I've been itching for Spring is to start my second year as a Slytherin. LOL! I'm addicted to this silly game because the others are so funny! There are about 160 Slytherins, and this year I got a job as reporter for the Dungeon Bulletin Board, which is fun. So, at 5pm (because we all go by the same timezone) I put in my OWL proposal and it was approved in no time. Before it was approved, though, I was working on my first class assignment, for which I am doing Bloom in Green, and I plan to do... erm... one or two other projects for Babyniece this month.
Though I seem to have gotten sucked into the ridiculously funny Toilet Roll Holder KnitAlong that the Slytherins have agreed upon as the perfect Astronomy assignment, since we're studying Uranus.