Sunday, February 2, 2014

Quick stuff

It's a new month, and time to start new things! But first, some finished stuff.

After taking two weeks to do the last handspun, I tried a quick version, and spun up this one as fast as I could

I timed it, from fibre to single to the sink (I felted it by dipping it into hot and cold water, back and forth a few times) to the line, and deducted 12 minutes (for throwing on veges, chicken and an apple pie) and it took 1 hour 21 minutes. Hehehe.

I also did a speed-game for Quidditch; there were a few patterns to choose from, and you had to knit or crochet one of them, using at least 150 yards. I used up a 167y skein, and made this twisted rib cowl. It's very warm and cozy... far too warm for this time of year!





Then, at the end of the month, I decided to do more quick things, so the dye pots came out.





This one is a dark green version of the GlowSticks one I'm knitting socks with now. This one is heading overseas, though, in a swap. To be honest, it wasn't as quick of a project as I'd planned; it took all evening! lol.

Speaking of the socks, here's where I am on the NEWT





62 rounds past the toe (where the toe increases stopped), and this is the one with a Sweet Tomato Heel. It's a kind of short-row heel made of three shallow wedges, and a neat trick to close the holes. It made weird wedges with the short stripes, and I had to chop the yarn a few times to get the colors right on the front. But they both match. So two pairs have heels, and the rest are simply getting longer.

I don't think I'll do a NEWT next term. I think I'll do as I did last year, and take April off, and then do another OWL. April is for cables, and darning. I have a lot of darning to do! :)

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

I absolutely love the dyed yarn! If you ever decide to sell your hand-dyed I'd love to buy that one off you!

Locations of visitors to this page