Friday, August 19, 2011

hehe

Here's a new woven scarf made from self-striping handspun I made a few months back.


It's shorter than I meant it to be, and felted a little bit in the wash (which I wanted). Felting doesn't seem to shrink the fabric at all (nor can you seem to block it bigger) but it does get fluffier and mesh the mesh.



It was a "Potions class" for the Ravelry group. Next "year" I'm planning a Muggle Studies OWL, making a jumper and a hat and a scarf. The jumper will be the Opulent raglan, using the Madelinetosh MCN in Warm Mushroom, and the scarf and hat will be in this:


which is Madelinetosh Vintage in Ginger, Warm mushroom (x2) and Glazed Pecan (bottom). I'm thinking of another PaperMoon hat, probably in Pecan, and a woven scarf with all the scraps :)


I've applied to be a Slytherin for second year, because Slytherin is a fun group. Plus, Slytherins have an advantage down in the dungeons... we have a secret stash of celebrity helpers. You can choose one or as many as you need. I "had to" choose an Aussie, of course...


Most helpful. hehe.








2 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely scarf!

kelgell said...

Ha ha. Even though I don't get the Wolverine thing. I like the sound of your Muggles study owl. I like the colours and I like Papermoon hat. Are all these projects lying around your house or are you actually gifting them away?

Locations of visitors to this page