Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Closing Ceremony

I managed to squeeze in three more Ravellenic Games projects before the end. This one was made from the Handspun Heptathalon yarn, and entered into the Cowl Jump, the SingleSkein Sprint and the Felting Freestyle.





It's Jasmine's, as she claimed the fibre before I'd even gotten home from the post office!

I turned the HandDyed HighDive yarn into a scarf for the Weaving Vault, carefully calculated to get squares out of the places where the warp colors met their weft match. It's not perfect, but I like it. Nice and subtle, three kinds of grey and a hint of color.








I washed it when I'd finished and the threads caught and pulled on something else in the wash! I was so cross; but I managed to pull it flat again, so you can barely see the bad bit. I picked grey and pink because it's for Telly (since she loved my rainbow one) and she also wants a Brain hat ;) so I dare say it will match.

The last project was an attempt at getting bonus points for entering one item in 5 events. So for the Cable Steeplechase, Balance Beads, Colorwork Crosscountry, Syncronized Stashbusting and Bag'nTote Backstroke, I made this little bag

 which fits a cake of yarn into the bottom perfectly.




As for the Fleece to Feet project, I've made 90% of the first sock (sock 1 of 12) and carded up nine lots out of 14. It's taking me about an hour and a half per lot, but now that I have no other projects for the next 2 weeks, I should get it all finished.




1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

Gorgeous projects, but I especially love the weaving.

Locations of visitors to this page