Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally done Ü


Well, it was a relatively simple knit, but it turned out so cute! Of course, if you're being distracted by children, or trying to knit after 8pm when you're dead tired, the ruffle edge can be a bit tricky. The rest is just ribbing. The only change I made was to add an inch to the length of the body. I made the smallest pattern size, which is 6-9 months, I think, but I used DK and 4mm needles. Anyway, as you can see, it perfectly fits my nearly-4-month old baby, Jasmine, with a few more months' worth of room, so I'd say it's size 3-6 months.



I used Zhivago and blocked the pieces as per R A I N 's advice (thanks) and I was up until 1am sewing the bits together. But I started falling asleep, so I had to leave it with a mere 6 or 7 ends left to weave in. But, it's done!

I love it so much that I've already wrapped it and put it away. It's not for me, it's for Ruth, who's having a little girl in January. Hopefully it will fit her little miss just as it starts to get colder again (down here in Australia). Sob. I was a bit tempted to keep it for Jasmine.

Still, I have more Zhivago.... no. On with the pinwheel, Tam.

.........

oh, I kept finding cheap yarn yesterday! I bought about 20 more balls, I think. hehe. Maybe I'll make Jasmine a cream one for her first birthday. Ü

4 comments:

Karin said...

How adorable! You did a great job on it.

Karin

Tara said...

That's absolutely adorable! I can see why it would have been hard to part with. And Jasmine is just beautiful! Ah, baby girls...

Knit Purl Gurl said...

OMG - this is so adorable! (The baby isn't bad either.) I have yet to knit a sweater. I have sweater anxiety! You're inspiring me to CO!!

kelgell said...

Ah she is such a cutie. She would look gorgeous in a cream one on her first birthday! I think Ruth will love it too. Looks like her sort of thing. Can't wait to meet the new Valpied.

Locations of visitors to this page