Monday, July 20, 2009

Beware of addiction

From two terrible "singles"...

to a dodgy 50g ball of... ummm... well, it's a 2-ply "Thick and Thin".

Now the piece that I dyed is dry, though a tiny bit felted (as I just threw it into a pot). I put blue underneath, coiled it in, and put green on top. This is a 40g single so far, and I'm getting the hang of keeping it more even, I think. I still can't seem to draw while the spindle is spinning! But we'll get to that.

I'm definitely going to need a wheel now...


4 comments:

Sinéad said...

Looks like you both had a great time at the show! I love the colours you've dyed the yarn. Your spinning is much better than my truly awful attempts so far. I don't think it's for me. I think I'll just stick to knitting the stuff other people spin lol

kelgell said...

Ha ha. How do the kids like it? Have you trained Byron to spin it for you yet?? Ha ha. Yeah the dyed wool looks good and seems to be spinning well. The first attempt will make an interesting knit...just don't tell anyone it's suppose to be smooth.

Alrischa said...

Something to be felted, perhaps? hehe.

Tara said...

I tried spinning on a drop spindle, but it really wasn't for me. I'd like to try it on a wheel though!

Locations of visitors to this page