Friday, September 18, 2009

Slacker report

Not a lot of knitting has been going on, I must say. Occasionally I do a row of my 40-color scarf, but I've completed very few things. I got this in the mail, finally, after a few minor ebay hassles. Cost me $150 (including postage). I am now waiting for EweGiveMeTheKnits to get some more accessory kits so I can replace the drive band and the brake band. They weren't included, but since it's an ancient Ashford Traditional, they no doubt needed replacing anyway Ü


The very friendly woman of EGMTK says that it's a hardy model, and can stand up to the enthusiastic attention of a two-year-old no worries, so Byron has been spinning the wheel a little...

I did finish a couple of these. 30 stitches wide, 40 rows, with 10 stitches of garter stitch on one side and 3 on the other. Hardly worth writing about


but they do look cute on his little hands.


I also finished these tiny boots for the new bub. Nathan thinks they're too small, but it was a fun way to use up some of that nice cashmerino I made my Ishbel from.

I started them before I knew if it was a boy or girl, because I figured it was a pretty neutral pattern and color.
Now to get back to the other kids before they trash the other room... little monkeys. How do they always know when you feel a bit tired and queasy? They always choose those days to go mad! Oh well... today is Friday, and I can run away as soon as Nathan gets home from work! I get Friday nights off for Shopping and Bludging ;)





4 comments:

Alrischa said...

Now I feel bad, because I went to check on the kids. Jasmine was watching "In the Night Garden" sitting on the beanbag like a little angel, and the banging was Byron "fixing" my treadmill with his plastic spanner. They are very good kids!

(at the moment)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, that wheel looks so solid and pretty and ready to go! May you enjoy many happy hours spinning with it. And I had to laugh reading on - I'd just favorited those bootees a few hours ago, only so see them on your blog. Fabulous! I suppose it's a sign of sorts.

Hope you're doing well!

Sinéad said...

I can't wait to see how you get on with your wheel, I bet the parcel it came in was HUGE! The poor postman lol.
Enjoy your weekend!

Tara said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you spin with that wheel! I've always wanted to try it on a wheel, actually. Drop spindles weren't really my thing.

Locations of visitors to this page