Sunday, August 2, 2015

NEWT 7 and NEWT 8

Here's the last project for NEWT 7, a triangle shawl called "The Age of Brass and Steel", knit with my handspun, the N4ply mixes of Twelve and Peacoat.












Love it. It's a Polwarth/tencel mix, so it's very soft (wearing it right now) and it was quick, and I love the colors. Lovely to knit, too, but I'm glad to get it finished. You know, so I could start another NEWT :)

One other handspun finished this month:


Kathy's Fibres Optim in "Sunset"


NEWT 8! I'm going to make 8 pairs of socks for my 8th NEWT. I don't think I'll have time to make much else this next term, but it will be great to have more new socks in the sock drawer. I'm making one each in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet, and I'm going to use the leftovers to make a multicolored rainbow pair. One sock a week, roughly! I started at the red end of the spectrum, making Skyp socks.

I'm on my way :)



No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page