Friday, March 27, 2009

2.1

Two point one. That's how many kilos of yarn I bought today (that's 4lb 10oz in old-speak Ü). I may be a bit out of control. That's 42 balls of Jaclyn, an acrylic/tencel blend the same (as far as I can tell) as Zhivago.

It was on sale!

I got 17 balls of dark red, 18 balls of brown, 2 white, 2 grey and 3 blue. They are very soft and very shiny. I put them in ziplocks and stored them under the bed. Next to the suitcase full of yarn. Hmm. (Hey, Kelly; you know that big bag I got when I was shopping with you this morning? I went back this evening and got another one Ü)

Of course, I have plans for all this yarn. Vague future plans. lol. I really must spend more time knitting on Friday night (when I go out sin niños) and less time stash-enhancing.

I am a few more inches into the Vivian's sleeve. I've done about 40 rows of it so far. Looks nice. Lots of moss stitch, which I love, though it's a pain to knit. I'm now doing the cables without a cable needle, thanks to the encouragement of Heidi, who's also doing a Vivian. It's going well, actually. No more cable needle behind my ear. hehe.

Real work again tomorrow. Nice to earn some mortgage money, but I'd better not stay up too late.

Tara sent me this. It's a nomination for a charming blog or something nice like that. I didn't feel obligated to pass it on. I might keep it a bit to help me feel less guilty for spending all my money Ü

5 comments:

Sam said...

I love how we can justify it to ourselves if the yarn is on sale. I once bought 13 balls of acrylic boucle from lincraft - it was 24c a ball, but I have no idea what I'm ever going to do with it, and would never have considered buying it if it wasn't so cheap. Who doesn't love a good SALE YARN though!!? lol

Sinéad said...

Wow, you got yourself some yarn today! I need some pics lol.
As long as it's on sale, it doesn't count, right? At least that's waht I tell myself!

kelgell said...

I was gonna say!!! I was reading your numbers and thinking, "That's more than she bought when I was with her." LOL! You crazy knitter. I have Heather's car while she's on her honeymoon so I'll have to come visit a bit so you can get more knitting done. Ha ha.

Alrischa said...

Excellent! Knitting time!!

Well, I was going to take some pics, but I didn't want my hubby to see and laugh at me! Later... hehehe

Tara said...

WOW! It's been a while since I've been on that kind of binge! At least it was on sale! lol

I also like the term "vague future plans". Works for me ;)

Locations of visitors to this page