Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apple tree hat

I've decided that embroidery, whilst cheating, is quite a lot of fun, and much simpler than Fair Isle. But I couldn't be bothered doing all the apple trees in the pattern. Besides, they don't really stand out very well in Noro.
.
I was doing this one at work, and one of my friends there asked me what the yarn was. So I told her it was a mix of mohair and silk and wool. But she was giving it a very interested look, so I mentioned it was called Noro. "Oh, Noro Silk Garden!" she said straight away. "I made a jumper out of that one year." And she launched into a conversation about good yarn shops and where you could get good stuff, and the grumpy lady at the nearest LYS (in Mair St).
Funny. I've known her for years, and I had no idea she loved knitting, too. Ü
Knit in public, people!


4 comments:

Tara said...

Knitters of the world unite! Bwahahahahaha!!!

And btw, I don't think embroidery is cheating. You've got to stick with what works best ;)

Sinéad said...

Gosh I wish I could do embroidery like that. I suck at sewing.
Isn't it gas about the woman at work? It just shows you that you really don't know people! You two should get together for some lunch time knitting now.

Tab said...

Thats an adorable hat!! I love it. Are you spinning your own wool too? I've seen lots of stuff about dying it. I want a spinning wheel [and a sheep and alpaca] but Andrew thinks I have enough crafting junk. Meanie!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

So cute - is that duplicate stitch? I just learned duplicate stitch and am totally smitten!

Locations of visitors to this page