Monday, March 16, 2009

Waiting for the Mail

No pictures today, because I'm waiting...

Our kind PM, who thinks the economic crisis would be helped by us all spending money, gave us yet more spending money this last week. Now, we do have a mortgage, but felt obligated to do our Patriotic Duty... and spend some money.

What did I buy two seconds after the free money went into the bank?

One set of Knitpicks Harmony Interchangeable Circulars from Knitting Inspirations, along with some spare tips and cables.

800g of yarn from Bendigo Woollen Mills. I got one (200g) ball of DK 100% Alpaca in "Natural Cream", a ball of Camille in "Freesia" (DK wool with 10% mohair and 5% cashmere) and 2 balls of (bulky weight) Rustic in "Aran". All that yarn is White. It's for dyeing!

One copy of "Whimsical Little Knits". I already have all the patterns (thanks to the online versions) but Ysolda's also shipping me a hardcopy. I can't wait. The pictures are so cute... I think I'll make everything. I already have plans for the Ishbel lace scarf in reds.

Come on postie!

6 comments:

Jack said...

You are a fine Australian. ;)

Karin said...

I like Ysolda's patterns. I may have to get me a copy of this book.

Karin

kelgell said...

Ah, so the Bendigo Mill stuff got there first huh? I like ordering things online just so I can get parcels in the mail. It's so exciting.

Kyoko said...

Hehe! I bet you are really looking forward to the things to arrive! Do please post the photos :D Wool for dyeing sounds very exciting.
UK government is not doing much at all. I wish they'd did the same. Harmony needles would be the first thing I would buy too :D :D

Tara said...

Aw, I love Ysolda's patterns! OK, I'm officially jealous.

Sinéad said...

Stand up and be proud for re-investing your AUS dollar. You truly are a patriot. Well at least that would be what I would say (and do) if our bloody government gave us money instead of increasing and inventing all sorts of new taxes!
Still, what better way to spend your money than some yummy yarn and yummier harmony needles!

Locations of visitors to this page