Thursday, March 5, 2009

Little distractions

A bit of purple

The "Oh, my niece's birthday is next Monday!" scarf, in Cleckheaton Studio Mohair.


Half a Noro Silk hat for Byron, top down for fun.

Cheap white wool, dyed with a spray bottle. Possibly a dress for Jasmine. See if you can pick where one ball ends and the next joins on...
Washing the homegrown wool (why is it looking dirtier?!)




So many distractions from the Vivian I was going to have done by April. Sigh. Maybe I'll have it done by the Bendigo Sheep and Wool thingy...


4 comments:

Sinéad said...

I love the scarf, a great gift idea. What dye did you use on the yarn with a spray bottle? Sounds like a great idea. I've only ever used Kool Aid before (not very successfully either lol)

Alrischa said...

Oh, I wrapped it around the swings outside and sprayed it with diluted food dye. A bit here, a bit there. I've since learned that it really needs a bit of heat, but it shouldn't wash out completely. If it does, I'll just dye the whole thing in the microwave.

Tara said...

Byron's hat looks like a little yamika! Tee-Hee!!!

Kyoko said...

Hehe! I know how you feel about the distractions. I have many on-going projects! It is such a good idea to dye ordinary white yarn with your own dye.

Locations of visitors to this page