Monday, May 18, 2009

Mousie 2

Our new neighbors (they are building a house) are excited because soon they get their first granddaughter, after quite a few grandsons. Normally, I confess, I try to discourage this weird Gender Importance, especially after finding it so annoying myself. (If everyone tells you "I hope it's a girl!" you stress about whether anyone will be as excited for your potential-son.) But this is a bit different, because this is actually the second girl, the first being lost in a miscarriage recently.
.

Since our neighbors are so nice that Byron keeps asking to go visit them, (and I also needed an excuse) I made their daughter's daughter a Mousie.
.




.

Jasmine approves.

Mousie 1 was knit in fluffy 8ply alpaca, and Mousie 2 was knit in smooth 5ply crepe wool. It's a little like knitting with cotton, but the end result is nice and smooth. The 5ply makes the mouse quite a bit smaller, though I used the same needles.

Took this one for Kel, who liked the similar photo in the book. Ysolda's a better photographer than I am, of course, and doesn't use her two-year-old's blocks. Ü

I dyed a 50g ball of white into the pink/yellow mix. The whole mouse weighs 15g. What shall I do with the rest? Maybe it would make a cute hat for her Ü

4 comments:

Jack said...

I vote for a hat!

kelgell said...

He hehe, cute! Funny seeing Jasmine like that. I can imagine her with a real mouse..."Look mummy, look what I caught." LOL!

I think you should knit some more mice. I'm sure there's bound to be other opportunities to give them away.

SinΓ©ad said...

Look at that mouse in the mousehole! Too cute. As is that yummy little gir with her captured mouse! I love the pink colour of the mouse too, btw.

Tara said...

Adorable! I bet your neighbours were delighted!

Locations of visitors to this page