Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No new yarn!

I know! I have resisted, since weighing the stash, though I have been looking through the yarn shops. The fact is, though, that I'm planning on taking all my savings to Bendigo next month, and buying some nice stuff, and my only goal there is quality instead of quantity.
.
But I have knitted a bit of stash. This one doesn't count, as it was half-done (and thus, not weighed). Little hat for Zach out of the Jet I dyed a while ago, with earflaps and a knitted toggle.


This is one of two wheat bag covers for my (soon-to-be) sister-in-law, who walks to work with cold hands. You microwave the wheat bags and hold them in your pockets. :D
50g of Cameo (which is the leftovers from her mittens).
.


This is what happens when you're in a hurry, and you just grab a needle and some leftover yarn as you run off. I had no project in mind, so I started making Jasmine a Calorimetry. As it was too small, it turned into a hammock for Zara's blue mousie instead. 20g.
.

This one will add some weight, though. It's the start of "Jasmine 2", a pattern called Neighborly that I'm adding sleeves to, if I have enough yarn. If not, it's a cute warm vest. I'm using BWM Luxury 10ply (the dark pink I dyed) and some Cleckheaton Country 12ply I picked up for $1 a ball. If I use all the yarn (300g) it will have cost less than $10.
.
Also, I won a blog prize :D Thankyou, Knitabulous! She's sending me a little Japanese box for calling her yarn funny names. Nice!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely pattern on the wheat bag cover. The mouse hammock is so cute.

Congratulations on the win.

Sinéad said...

Mouse hammock! So cute. I love his little tail hanging out the side.
And well done for no new yarn. Bendigo will be all the better for it :)
I can't believe the size of Zach, he's grown so much!

Karin said...

Mouse hammock is so cute. You are really knitting away.

Love the hat for Zach. He looks as if he is enjoying it too.

Karin

Ruth's Place said...

Adorable mouse hammock.

I'm too scared to weigh my stash...

Tara said...

Isn't it depressing when you weigh an FO and all you get out os 20g??? Hang on... are you weighing the FO only? Do the leftover bits still count in the stash?

Locations of visitors to this page