Saturday, February 27, 2010

Simone Smith


Woo hoo! Another Olympic medal for the Aussies... in Skelegurumi. I watched the Skeleton, and I must say, I'm happy to do the "knitting version". hehe.
.
These are for a wedding present for Brad and Simone. My 'girl' one is on the right. She has a longer line of decreases under her chin because of my inability to read the instructions properly... She also has a loose bit of stitch under her nose, which I will fix. I wonder if she needs a little lace veil?
.

I sat in Stockland again, finishing her off while eating turkey sandwiches, iced coffee and FT chocolate. (It's expensive chocolate, but worth it, and very guilt free! I'm going to buy it instead of regular as much as possible, because I joined this. ) Took stuffing this time, but the center closed at 9. I went over to Mum and Dad's (to feed the dog while they're away) and watched their TV while I finished her. Except the eyes and nose. I wanted to compare the two and make their eyes the same, so she was finished this morning.








One more event to go... Mitten Moguls. I've got until Monday afternoon; that's about 50 hours. Probably only about 8 knitting hours, though, if I'm lucky. My gorgeous little kids tend to start fighting when I pick up my knitting, and when they're asleep it's apparently Zachary's turn for my full attention! I was tempted to start some easier mittens (if rewriting a pattern for a long cabled mitten is easier) but it kind of defeats the purpose of choosing projects at the start and then trying to finish them.

.

Now, on with the knitting...

4 comments:

Karin said...

Love them. They are so cute. I wish I would have had the time to participate in the Knitting Olympics, but alas it is tax season.

Karin

Lynne said...

The echidnas are very cute. Good luck with finishing the mittens on time.

kelgell said...

Oh, they look so cute and I'm sure they'll get a great reaction in July. I know what the skeleton is now. Yeah I think I'd rather knit too. Yikes. Not much in it.

I was going to come find you Friday night and totally forgot. My yarn arriving that morning got me totally distracted. ^^ Maybe next week...

Alrischa said...

I actually got a bit tired of "The Boy From Oz" after the third time through on the ipod, so it would have been good to have an impromptu knitting group. lol. I'm usually around Stockland somewhere...

Locations of visitors to this page